14 Chestnut Place
How to Finance the Solidarity Economy?
Community Controlled Capital for a People’s Economy!
This Free 2 Day Training (6/23 – 6/24) is for community residents, entrepreneurs and grassroots organizers who seek to gain an introduction to the basics of community driven investing.
This training is co-sponsored by the Boston Ujima Project, and is recommended for those who want to learn about organizing our collective capital to fund a Solidarity Economy.
(Limited seats, prefernece to members + staff of community orgs, and members of Ujima network – pre-registration is required)
This training will begin to answer:
– How does money and capital flow into and out of Boston?
– How investments can support businesses and nonprofits
– What are the barriers to accessing capital for social justice enterprises
– How to create a capital fund with the right risk and return
– How to raise funds from our communities and other investors
– The power of collective control over capital
– Andrea Armeni, Executive Director of Transform Finance
– Jeff Rosen, Chief Operating Officer of Solidago Foundation
– Nia Evans, Director of the Boston Ujima Project
– Aaron Tanaka, Center for Economic Democracy
Sponsored by: Solidarity Economy Initiative – SEI, Solidago Foundation, Transform Finance, and BALLE (Be A Localist)
Friday 6/23: 9:30 – 4:30pm & Saturday 6/24: 9:30 – 4:30pm