893 West Street
At the summer’s Free Open Meeting, held in conjunction with the annual NOFA SUMMER CONFERENCE scheduled for that weekend, we, the NOFA Domestic Fair Trade Committee, invite activists from the Northeast Region who are engaged in projects and organizing efforts that come under the broad heading of Domestic Fair Trade to come together to share our work and ideas and to discuss possible collaboration for the immediate future.
Who should come?
We welcome farm workers, farmers, food system workers, processors, manufacturers, worker organizers, farmer organizers, cooperative organizers, visionaries, and allies. Consider attending if your work (paid or volunteer) involves fairer wages, safer work, fairer prices, ethical trading, making the food system environmentally, economically, and socially just, sustainable, and humane.
Our mix of attendees assures a strong update of the current state of the landscape in our region; who is working with whom; who should we be inviting to join us in our work and what may be the most promising areas for collaboration moving forward.
Extended Special Reports on:
* The Agricultural Justice Project’s emerging efforts in New England;
* Migrant Justice’s campaign to support dairy farm workers in Vermont;
* Alianza Agricola—Organizing Dairy Farm Workers in western & central New York;
* The newly-launched pilot initiative between Red Tomato, a Northeast marketer of fresh produce, and the Equitable Food Initiative;
* To include yours, please address Gathering’s Organizers in advance.
Full agenda provided upon request.
*The all-morning meeting is free though it is listed on Friday’s Pre Conference Track.
For details about the NOFA Summer Conference visit www.nofasummerconference.org