Presented by Julie Matthei, TTC Member &
Wellesley College Professor of Economics
How is a time trade circle part of the building of a new, more just and democratic economic system?
How is an economy based on hours exchanged for services the same or different as compared to a cash economy? Is the time bank economy subject to inflation, bankruptcy or any other conditions of a cash economy? Can the time bank run out of hours? What happens if a growing number of members have banked large numbers of hours?
Come listen and discuss as Julie sheds light on these and other questions.
Snacks will be served – please consider bringing a snack or beverage to share.
Open to TTC members and friends – all welcome! Free.
– Professor of Economics, Wellesley College
– Boardmember, U.S. Solidarity Economy Network
– Co-Coordinator, Boston Area Solidarity Economy Network
– Member of Cornerstone Cohousing
– The Time for a New Economics is at Hand
Location: Havurat Shalom
113 College Ave., Somerville MA 02144
*Location is Wheelchair Accessible