592 Main St
In 2018 Cannabis will enter the Massachusetts marketplace and, according to some estimates, it’s poised to become a $1.1 billion industry within just a few years, making it the most profitable crop in Massachusetts. As with local craft beer and food, there will be a lot of consumers interested in accessing high-quality craft cannabis grown by local farmers in a sustainable way.
This interactive workshop and networking event is for growers who are interested in cultivating Cannabis using organic methods on their land for this new market. Well cover all the basics to get you started on your path toward cultivating cannabis either on your own as part of a cooperative.
Topics covered will include:
– Growing high-quality cannabis using organic methods
– How to modify high tunnels and greenhouses specifically for Cannabis
– Sourcing seeds and clones
– Integrating Cannabis into a diversified farm
Understanding Cannabis Cultivation Law and Regulations:
– Medical landscape versus recreational landscape: what is different
– Testing process and standards
Craft Cannabis Cultivation Cooperatives (CCCC):
– What is an agricultural cooperative? Why might it be a good fit for you and your farm?
– How to form or join a CCCC
In between talks and panel discussions featuring growers and industry experts, youll have a lot of time to meet other growers, meet people who are actively recruiting farmers for their Cannabis cooperative, and enjoy a catered lunch. Well conclude the day with a giveaway of Cannabis seeds and plants to get you started on your cultivation path!