Join the Anti-Islamophobia Network, HDS Students for Afghanistan, the Harvard Islamic Society, the Harvard College Pakistan Students Association, HDS Muslims, and others as we stand against the US’s recent dropping of the “Mother of All Bombs” (MOAB), a 21,000-pound bomb (the largest and most destructive non-nuclear bomb we possess), on Nangarhar, Afghanistan.
Used for the first time ever, the MOAB is not just a target weapon, but is also administered for psychological warfare. It’s a concussive blast that obliterates and for miles causes bleeding ears.
* Up to 1,000 yards: Obliterates everything.
* Up to 1 mile: Knocks people, tents, light buildings, cars and jeeps over within 1-mile radius.
* Up to 1.7 miles: shock wave kills people, causes severe damage to buildings, equipment, blows trucks, tanks off road.
* Up to 2 miles: causes deafness.
* Up to 5 miles: shakes ground, breaks windows.
* Up to 30 miles: 10,000 foot high mushroom cloud visible.
Join us as we stand against yesterday’s war crime and 16 years of drone strikes and bombings in Afghanistan, resulting in thousands of civilian deaths and this prolonged, unjustified war and occupation.