45 Mount Auburn St
The water at MCI Norfolk and other MA prisons is toxic, as those with loved ones and who have been imprisoned there know too well. The Boston Globe broke the story in a big way on June 17th. https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/06/17/water-state-largest-prison-raises-concerns/xDEkyL3GFwsqag7qvywl3K/story.html
Shortly thereafter, the #DeeperThanWater coalition formed.
Join us Monday, September 18 at 7 pm to learn about the campaign and begin taking action!
– Photo petitions
– Write a prisoner
– Donate money to buy water at canteen
Accessibility information below.
***MORE DETAILS TBA.***
We are a multi-generational, multiracial, formerly and currently incarcerated, allies, and abolitionists. We aim to:
– uplift the voices of prisoners and former prisoners, telling the story of incarceration in the US through the lens of water injustice
– ensure all prisoners in MA have immediate access to free, clean, safe, healthy, and sufficient water
– hold the state of MA accountable to rectifying the issues at MCI Norfolk and other effected prisons
No admission cost, but we will pass the hat to fund our work.
Please let us know if you could use:
– ASL or other translation; llamanos si necesitas traduccion
– other supports to make this event work for you
The Democracy Center will be partially wheelchair accessible, no accessible bathroom on site, by the time of this event. The Mandela, Parks, and Chavez rooms are accessible, but the Library is not. Wheelchair users are welcome to use the accessible restroom at Daedalus while we plan our improvements for bathroom accessibility. To reach that bathroom, exit the ramp and turn left on Bow St, at the next building (Daedalus) use their accessible entrance and their restroom will be on the right. More information at: democracycenter.org/accessibility.
Contact [email protected] or 617 492 8855 as needed